Board Issues Annual Report for 2014
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
During their August 6, 2014 meeting, the Board reviewed and approved its Annual Report for 2014, dated July 1, 2014. Highlights from this year's report include:
- There were 42,874 active credentials under management, an increase of 9.5% from the previous year.
- Approximately 70% of the pharmacies in the state were inspected at least once during the year.
- The members and staff closed 482 complaints during the year, exceeding the number filed during the year and reducing some of the pending caseload.
- The Board disciplined 182 credentials during the year, including 65 pharmacists, 47 technicians, and 36 pharmacies.
- The Board completed six regulatory projects and an additional three projects were pending.
- The Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) database receives approximately 1 million prescription transactions from the pharmacies every month; the database has approximately 74.5 million prescriptions available for review.
- The program averages approximately 3,000 queries per day from prescribers and dispensers, at a ratio of approximately 3:1.
The Annual Report for 2014 is avalable here. Copies of previous annual reports can be found in the Public Library section of the Board's website.